Friday, August 8, 2008

The Photo Shoot




I have a new benchmark for stress: taking 10-month-old (tired) twins and a nearly-4-year-old to a photo shoot by yourself.

I'm an idiot, I know.

But here's the thing - it's been 10 months, and we haven't had studio photos made yet of the three kids, and I was beginning to think folks would whisper about me behind my back. I mean, isn't that what you're supposed to do when you have new babies?

So I braved the photo studio by myself, starting at 5:15pm and ending at 6:30pm ... right in the early hours of the downward nighttime spiral. The bewitching hours. Lily wouldn't smile. She frowned for 95% of all photos. And she crawled away at every opportunity (enough to make my back sore by picking her up and replacing her in the pictures all evening). Molly fared OK, but without as many smiles as I expected out of her. Claire did beautifully and was a fantastic help. Sometimes my child surprises me. She did lapse into her goofy fake smile most of the time but every once in a while we got a real one and those photos were the winners.

I got suckered into a big dollar purchase of lots of photos, but I did get the images too, so I'm posting a few of my favorites here. Happy viewing.

No comments: