Friday, August 29, 2008

Another Park Day




We went to another park day today, one of my favorites with a tire swing and a canopy of trees overhead to keep the park cooler. Beforehand we visited a mom & pop ice cream shop where I was mistaken for the babysitter (quote from ice cream shop owner: "you look like you have your hands full. Maybe it'll make you think twice about doing that after you get married"). Later, he asked if I were related to the kids, and I paused, laughed, and told him I was actually their mother and as I watched the embarrassment on his face I said, "no, no, no, that was the best compliment I've had in a year". He then gave us free popcorn.

When the babies began to struggle with the lack of nap #2 I got the kids back home and Claire and Lily fell asleep in the car (and are still asleep). Molly stayed awake, and I'm not sure if she's asleep by now or not. Dinner plans are undetermined so far as Kyle is stopping by to look at the minivan just now.

I better go wake up Claire before she keeps us up until midnight tonight.

No comments: