Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Antioch Park





Our day was nearly ruined by the house cleaning this morning. The babies cannot, just cannot, nap when the cleaning lady is here. So their schedule was all messed up and that forced us to stick around the house, with me crawling up the walls feeling like I'd lost a whole day of precious vacation, until 3pm. At 3pm I woke up babies and packed them into the car for a trip to Antioch Park. Antioch Park is very nice, with walking trails, green rolling hills, a pond, several playgrounds, and a cute kid playhouse-size old western mock town (see photos). The only downside is the park also attracts from some sketchy neighborhoods, so I found myself lecturing this group of kids several times on their behavior and language in the park (somewhat surprising myself by going into mean adult mode). We spent about 2 1/2 hours at the park before heading home. We also did a breakfast outing to McDonald's this morning, so I guess I shouldn't complain ... we did get out of the house today. Yet, I still feel completely stir crazy now. I don't think we did enough today, and Claire even resorted to cartoons on a day I wasn't working!

Hopefully tomorrow we have more "success" getting out and doing fun things during the early afternoon.

No comments: