Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Great Weekend






Had a perfect couple days here with the kids. It was the ideal mix of kid time, alone time, extra sleep time, and time away from the kitchen that really carried me through the whole weekend. If I could repeat this mix every weekend, life would be good.

Saturday I had the kids mostly to myself, and we did lunch (with the neighbor kid Ashley), played, shopped, and hung out on the grounds of my office building - basically, we spent the day outside. Molly only napped an hour so I woke up Lily a bit early to take advantage of the time before dinner. I exhausted them so much that they both slept until 8:40am this morning!

Today I slept in and did a little shopping on my own, but also had lunch with the family and took everyone to Deanna Rose (animal park) for some play time. Kyle had the kids outside all morning while I slept so we once again maximized our outdoors time. The kids (and parents) are so much happier because of it.

Back to the grind tomorrow, but for once I'm nicely refreshed and ready for it.

No comments: