Friday, January 16, 2009

Single Parenting, Night #4

Tonight is my last night of single parenting, though Kyle won't be home until after dinner on Saturday so I still have a stretch ahead of me. I had a phenomenally productive day which started with the twins waking at 6am (urgh). It snowed this morning, so I had to fight through slippery roads and limited visibility to get Claire to school. Today Lily screamed the whole way to and from school and Molly was the calm one. Lily was freaked by the snow.

I did breakfast, lunch, and dinner and associated clean up. Preschool drop off and pick up (which included snow removal from the car). My job (which was quite busy for a Friday). Did all the laundry in the house, clothes and towels, and got them hung in closets too. Ran the dishwasher and emptied it. Got the last of the Christmas decorations packed up. Cleaned up toy messes several times and ensured the house was in better shape tonight than it was the last few days. Got the twins a bath and nails clipped. Did five poop diapers (yes, five). Forgot Claire's 1pm playdate, but got her out the door 45 minutes late for said playdate with neighbor. Got the trash cans back inside from trash pick up this morning. Took photos of toys we're trying to sell and emailed them to potential buyers. There's more, but I'm too tired to think of it all.

After my post last night talking about Molly refusing to walk, she took about 5-6 steps tonight! It was very exciting. I hope to see more of it. She was pretty cranky this evening and my patience got a little thin for a while, but we still had a good day.

Tomorrow I've got to take all the kids to Claire's tap/ballet class. Yikes!

No comments: