Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Handicapped Household

Yesterday Kyle had finger surgery (to fix a leaky joint) so he has become a one-handed person, handicapped by the bandage, pain, and inability to get the finger wet. In the meantime, a few hours after his surgery, I started feeling nauseated and achy. By 4pm yesterday I didn't get off the couch or out of the bed, and I went a full 24 hours without eating or drinking. This might explain why the twins were cranky recently and why they've had such copious dirty diapers. No matter what, it wasn't good timing for me to feel bad with Kyle's finger issues going on.

This morning I stayed in bed while Kyle tried to work and the nanny took care of the kids. By noon I left the house, struggled to eat lunch, and went to the office. I felt badly about not being there when I only commit to two full days per week and Monday was a holiday. We did Chinese take-out for dinner (I thought fried rice might be mild enough for me) and hobbled through the evening and I'm back to feeling achy and strange as I allow myself to feel my discomfort again.

The kids seem fine, though some runny noses are ramping up and we've had two nights of night wakings out of the twins. Tomorrow Claire has school and I have my team meeting at work in the afternoon, so we'll see how the day unfolds.

No comments: