Sunday, September 21, 2008

Plaza Art Fair

We wrapped up the weekend with a trip to the Plaza Art Fair. The twins were amazing! They skipped their second nap today and kept it together until we got home. They even seemed to enjoy themselves - not one cry emanated from either of them. Lily had a somewhat rough evening due to her fatigue but Molly kept it together until bedtime. This tells me that maybe we can get them to one nap a day soon. That would be quite helpful for family time on the weekends, errand running time, etc.

Incidentally, Molly has also been sleeping through the night for a few days or more now. I don't want to jinx myself, and I know teething will send us sliding backwards, but for now I am finally getting a full night's sleep (even if, like today, she's up at 6:30am, which is a bit early for me). It's amazingly fantastic to sleep through the night after 1 year, 9 months of night wakings.

Kansas City has had the best summer weather in my memory. Ever. We had a few hot days this summer, but overall it's been freakishly cool. This past week has been great, and it really helped for the garage sales going on near our neighborhood. Friday I picked up a few toys for the kids, and then yesterday, our neighbor (who also has twins) set out a toddler-sized play place (slide and swing) for free that I spent a few hours cleaning so we could put in the basement. We finally brought it into the house this evening, and the babies seemed to find it interesting. I think it'll be a great thing to have through the cold winter - some extra entertainment on those boring frigid days. The challenge is keeping Claire off of it because she's too heavy for it.

Saturday Claire had tap & ballet lessons and we did our usual Waffle House lunch afterwards. She's a creature of habit - it's Arby's after preschool, and Waffle House after dance. I am still feeling sad because another "regular" of the Waffle House was killed by a falling tree and I was just told on Saturday. The prior Saturday, he had given me a hug. He was a sweet cuddly big bear of a guy, intimidating to Claire but completely harmless. I met him during my pregnancy with the twins, when I craved Waffle House every day for about two months straight, so we got to know him in passing. RIP, Mike.

I'm still adjusting to my new 2 1/2 days per week in the office, M/W/Th schedule, and we're all still getting used to the new nanny (the untidy new nanny). Tomorrow kicks off another work week and another test of the new nanny. I really hope I don't come home to a messy kitchen.

Today's photos - the Art Fair, and the new play thing for the basement.

No comments: