Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

As one might guess, we're not doing anything special for New Year's tonight. We have no babysitter and I've never really enjoyed the holiday (too anti-climactic and too much drinking) so I'm happy to stay home. I'm currently debating a Wal-Mart run to pick up supplies.

So my "excitement" for the day was taking the kids to the Nordstrom's cafe for lunch, though it was ruined by Molly crying. We've had about 5 days of the kid crying all day long. I finally took her to the clinic yesterday (after she had me up from 2-5:30am Monday night/Tuesday morning) for an ear check and her ears are great ... but at that very moment she broke out in one of those all-over body rashes and the doctor instantly said "she has a virus" which is doctor speak for "I can't do anything to help her". Claire has had a couple bouts of something where she broke out in that weird all-over polka dot rash so I wasn't horrified to see it and I suppose that's what is bothering Molly. Oh, and the eye tooth coming in isn't helping her mood any either.

I did realize that I'm quite the clinic fixture when the doctor (whom I've seen the least out of the practice) said, "and the other two are doing OK?" ... meaning she actually remembered that I have two other kids although they weren't with me at the time. The funny thing about having twins is that people remember you which is quite an advantage.

I've got one more day off left this week (the holiday tomorrow) and then I'll have to start work again on Friday though I'll be at home. I've really enjoyed the time off but I wish I had secured more babysitter hours for the twins so Claire and I could have done a few more things - more ice skating, a trip to Wonderscope or Paradise Park, a trip to the indoor swimming pool, etc. Claire definitely gets the shaft during the twins' nap time when we're stuck at home.

I don't make New Year's resolutions, but I have a wish - that 2009 is easier on us than 2008. Care to wager whether that will happen?

No comments: