Sunday, November 22, 2009

Science City at Union Station

Today I was determined to break from the routine, so Claire and I spent the afternoon at Science City in Kansas City's Union Station. It was our first trip to the science museum. From an adult's perspective, it can definitely be improved upon, but Claire really enjoyed it and we both benefited from the change of pace. Union Station itself is a gorgeous building and had a holiday theme going, so we were able to enjoy a toy train display, Christmas tree displays, and the food and snacks the station had to offer, along with the museum.

Although I missed seeing the twins most of today, I know it was best that they weren't with us - Science City is not for two year olds. Here are the photos from today ... this is Union Station ....



... this is just a small portion of the holiday train display ...



... and here's a photo of the inside of Science City ...



... and here's Claire making clouds ...



... and here's Claire watching real trains at the train station ...



... and now I'm looking forward to a short work week, especially because I finally got the kids' sicknesses and don't feel 100% myself! I guess the mommy immune system got shattered after all.

No comments: