Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Carnival

Lily has seemed fine since the seizure the other night, so today I took the kids to lunch and to a church carnival. The weather is unbelievable so I knew the kids would enjoy the outdoor fun without getting hot and cranky. These little neighborhood church events are always small-time and low-key, but I knew the kids wouldn't notice. There was cotton candy to eat, and all the better when it's as big as your head ...



... and there were slushies, which were much better when eaten off the pavement ...



... and bounce houses to climb ...



... and face painting ....



... and a real live horse to ride (or just look at, in the case of my kids) ...



... so a great afternoon for all of us. Lily scared me by feeling warm when I put her down for a nap, and though I'm sure it's just from being in the sun, I still stripped her down, gave her a cool sponge wipe down, a dose of Motrin, and have the fan blowing directly on her while she sleeps. I think I'll be a little hyper about this heat thing for a while. Just a guess.

No comments: