Tuesday, August 25, 2009

All Work And No Play

It's important to me to get the kids out for something fun each day. That 'something' could be lunch somewhere other than home, or a walk around the block, shopping, a park, or even just swinging in the back yard. Today I barely accomplished this daily goal due to my workload. I took the kids to Arby's for lunch (camera phone photo posted here) but that's it ... otherwise I worked all day long. And by "all" I mean it's nearly 11pm and I just logged off for the night. I'm so tired I could collapse, and yet I still didn't get ahead. I'll be just as busy tomorrow, and the next day, and the next ... and I'm not even talking about household tasks and taking care of the kids. It's all work and no play here, and it's going to be the death of me soon.

Kudos to the kids for being well behaved the whole day and "allowing" me to sit in front of my laptop all day long. I'd be awake another three hours catching up if they had been harder on me today.

No comments: