Saturday, April 4, 2009

Deanna Rose Again





Another great day for the kids (and me). Claire and I got the morning to ourselves - dance lessons, Waffle House, a little shopping - and then this afternoon I returned to Deanna Rose with all three kids for another two hours. Fantastic! The twins figured out they could feed the goats themselves and couldn't get enough of it. They were hysterical to watch (hopefully my photos capture some of that, and yes, Molly is trying to feed the poor goat a rock). Then tonight Kyle joined up with us for dinner at Pizza Shoppe.

Today at the park I met a father of 18-month-old triplet boys (oh my!), and yesterday at the park I met a set of parents with a 3-year-old, a 12-month-old, and 2-week-old twins. Ooooog. So clearly both of these families reset my concept of "family challenges".

One of the best parts of today? I did not clean the kitchen, or cook, at all! This was my reward for cooking dinner every night for the past six days. Or maybe it was seven. Whichever it is, I think I deserved a night off from kitchen duty. And it helped me focus on the kids and just have fun with them.

No comments: