Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Staycation, Morning One

Ahhhhhhh. I needed the work break. Today, the first day of Fall, kicked off my 'staycation' week (stay-at-home vacation time). While Claire was at preschool, the twins and I went to Deanna Rose (the animal park) for the morning. We had fun feeding the baby goats, checking out the cows, and watching the geese (but we needed jackets!). Here are a few of my favorite shots from this morning ...



A girl kindly offered Molly a goat bottle so Molly got to try her hand at feeding a goat out of a bottle ...


... and we went inside the goat cage for the first time, where the goats chewed on the girls' clothes ...



... and this goat wouldn't leave Molly alone, but she didn't seem too upset about it ...



After we picked up Claire from school, we had our usual Tuesday lunch at Arby's, the kids loved the furniture store I stopped in, and now the twins are napping before I wake them up for some more afternoon fun. And now I'm remembering the only downside to not having a real away-from-home vacation is I'm still stuck cleaning, washing dishes, and doing laundry. In fact, the next load is calling my name now ...

No comments: