Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Small Things

We kicked off the 3-day weekend with a low-key Saturday: a little park time, a lunch outing, and some fun at home. The girls and I went to our favorite park (unfortunately a haul from the house) where Claire made instant friends with several girls while the twins entertained themselves with the sandbox, swinging, toy tractors, and the slides. I got a kick out of watching the twins play with "boy toys" (please note I am all about gender neutral toys and don't push my girls toward girlie girl stuff, but it's hard not to note two girls happily playing with tractors ...



... and here the twins are enjoying the sandbox together ...



... but one of the most fascinating items was the water fountain. My kids always love to push on water fountain buttons and drink from the fountain (Claire herself is still not immune to this small joy) ...




... and so this morning, I was again reminded of the truism that it's the "little things" that are the best sources of pleasure. For the kids, and for me - I wouldn't survive parenting three young kids without appreciating the small things in each day, because it's the big things that are often not right in my world.

No comments: