Saturday, September 19, 2009

Friday Is For Cheating

Friday, if I rig it right, is always about a little work cheating. If I get enough work done Monday through Thursday, my goal is always to take a "long lunch" on Friday and then quit working just after 4pm so I can get the kids out of the house for some fun a couple times in the day. Today the day fell into place. We had some fun at a park this morning ...




... and then ate lunch at Waffle House (I've never seen the twins eat so much!). While the twins napped, I worked and Claire played nicely by herself. Around 4:30pm, we entertained ourselves at a small toy store for over an hour ...



... and then I took the girls to dinner (Kyle got home from work too late to join us). A no cooking day! On the way home, I stopped at a stable where the horses congregate by the fence hoping for food from all the nighttime walkers. There were probably 20 or more horses by the fence and the girls were fascinated. While Molly and Claire hung back a bit, Lily went right to the fence and tried to feed them ....



... and she loved being close to them, until this one horse took a particular fondness to her, and he bent his long neck over the fence and started sniffing her head. Lily, looking quite small against the big horse head, was terrified and screaming for my assistance, while I was a little amused (I was pretty darned sure these horses were very tame and wouldn't hurt her). I missed the photo of the horse sniffing her head, but you can get a sense of the action here as Lily tries to run away, because Lily's protective elbow is at the bottom of the photo as the horse head looms over the fence ...



... and needless to say, everyone backed away after this scene. The funniest moment was when two horses decided to pee while we were standing there, and it was impossible to miss, so all three girls stood gape mouthed at the event. All the drive home, Molly said over and over "neigh, pee pee" [translation: the horse peed], and then went into fits of giggles. Again. And again. It was highly amusing (and reminds me of my recent gutter humor post).

I'm posting late Friday night, because I had the crazy idea to do this garage sale thing a second weekend in a row at my friend Jill's house this time. I just returned from the set up and need to be up early for the sale tomorrow. Good night!

No comments: