Sunday, September 27, 2009

Lawrence Visit

Visiting my hometown of Lawrence, Kansas has not always been at the top of my list because of the effort in packing up all the kids and kid gear. Fortunately my own parents have indulged me by driving the short 35 minutes my way. But now that the kids are getting older, it's becoming a little easier to hop in the car and visit, although the twins' afternoon nap means we still have to accommodate that afternoon hard stop.

Today we took the twins over to visit Papa. We had a quick lunch and then enjoyed a walk on the beautiful KU campus before getting the twins home for nap time. Molly was cute trying to balance her new doggie on her head ...



... and here's a photo of the campanile ...



... and here are the kids enjoying the Chi-O fountain where just half an hour before college co-eds were rinsing mud off their fully covered bodies ...



And now that my vacation is coming to a close, I'm mentally preparing myself for the work grind tomorrow. We miss Auntie and Uncle already!

No comments: