Saturday, September 19, 2009

Mom Friends

CNN.com posted a great article about friends that mothers need to have:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/personal/09/18/p.six.friends.moms.need/index.html

I'm perfecting my select group (for sure I am missing the no-kids "cool" female friend), but I know this: my close girlfriends are absolutely critical to my sanity. I could live without a lot of things, but I would wither without these women in my life. The men in my life just cannot mind-meld on motherhood and a mother's daily balancing act like these women can. Validation from another mother has very deep implications.

A heartfelt thank you to my girlfriends, my fellow mother blog readers, and all the other mothers who enrich my life by offering me a place to feel safe and vulnerable at the same time.

No comments: