Thursday, September 24, 2009

Staycation, Day Three

The twins and I went to the Overland Park Arboretum while Claire was at school this morning. We shared the park with some retirement village folks, so the girls got lots of attention. We even met another Lillian ("Lilly"), a lady in her 80s or 90s, which pleased me because I like to think of my kids' names as old-fashioned. After picking up Claire from school, we had lunch at Waffle House, got the twins a short nap (and wrapped their birthday presents while they slept), and then went back to Deanna Rose (animal park) for the afternoon. As always, the girls had a blast, and here are the photos ....







Tomorrow Auntie and Uncle fly in for the twins' birthday, so we'll be busy picking up the birthday cake, picking up Auntie at the airport, and enjoying all the visitors in the house all weekend. Can't wait for all the excitement! Claire is so thrilled she is bursting.

I am off soon for a nighttime outing which I haven't yet done this week, but is much needed before my official vacation draws to a close. A little adult time is always a good thing!

No comments: