Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving






To all, a Happy Thanksgiving. Claire told us she is thankful for toys. I am thankful for the health of my family members, which always feels so tenuous.

I cooked last night and all of today for four unappreciative seeming people in my family (we had no extended family join us today, so it seemed like quite a waste of extreme effort). The kids didn't like the meal and Kyle never appreciates the effort it takes. Nevertheless, despite the letdown, I'm bloated with the usual Thanksgiving fare - turkey, gravy, stuffing, roasted carrots, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, regular mashed potatoes, and yeast rolls. And I haven't even eaten a piece of my chocolate chip pecan pie yet. My back and feet ache from standing in a kitchen all day so I deserve that piece of pie even if I'm not hungry for it.

Photos are of our dinner tonight, with some specific food shots. I didn't achieve my mom's mastery of the gravy process but it turned out pretty decent. I overcooked the turkey a little, but no worse than the average American did today. All in all, I put a decent meal on the table even if it was meaningless to the family.

No comments: