Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Whole Lot of Nothing

This weekend was one of those that felt disjointed, blah, bland ... nothing quite worked out the way it was supposed to. I do not feel I got any great kid time, yet I didn't get any "me" time or good adult time either.

Claire came down with a head cold as of today, and the twins had both Kyle and me up from 2ish to 4:30am last night, so we're all suffering today (I assume the twins will get their head colds tomorrow). We got to see Papa for lunch today, and Claire and I attended the Louisburg Cider Mill Festival yesterday afternoon and had some fun errand time today. But it never coalesced into a really fun weekend, and my energy level is incredibly low.

I could barely bring myself to take any good photos this weekend, so here's all I could muster. Here's Claire at the Cider Mill festival yesterday ...



... and Claire trying her hand for the first time at putting golf balls (at the sporting goods store during errands today) ...



... and Claire having a decadent snack of malt balls and hot chocolate this afternoon (note the super fake cheesy smile she gave me) ...



... and with that, the weekend has come to a close. I hope everyone sleeps through the night tonight, and I hope this week provides a little more satisfaction than last week.

No comments: